As I said yesterday, I am going to have a "mini" resolution for each month. This month's one was inspired by The Boyf. He is currently in India :( travelling 3000km in a tuk-tuk to raise money for charity :) you can follow his progress here.The 2 charities that his team has chosen are Frank Water charity and CANSA. The Frank Water charity helps deliver clean and safe water to the people of India. I have decided to spend the next month trying to save on the amount of water that I use.
Here are some tips that I will be using this month to stop wasting water.
- run the washing machine and dishwasher only when they are full.
- don't let water run whilst brushing your teeth.
- have shorter showers.
- wash veggies and fruit in a bowl instead of running under the tap.
- never pour water down the drain, use it to water your plants or clean.
- repair dripping taps and leaking toilets
Hope I have inspired you to try some of these...