31.12.11

2011



Reflecting on 2011, with a cup of tea in hand, I think of all the highs and lows the year has brought. Living in London has been amazing and has opened up a whole door of opportunities, but not having set foot on African soil once this year, has been extremely difficult and heart breaking.

I was lucky enough to get to go to 11 different countries this year and have definitely filled up my travel itch "hole" to last me for a while! From skiing in Austria, to sailing around Croatia, from eating paella in Spain to riding a donkey in Greece, I feel very blessed to have been able to do all these amazing things. That being said, the year has not been full of roses. Working hideous hours on a shift work basis, doing a job I despise at times, has been soul destroying. The only thing that kept me going was the next trip we were taking, with the few days off to recover. It is not that I have totally hated my job, but it is not what I want to be doing and as you know, having drunk f*%kers as patients, can be less than rewarding.

So what does 2012 hold? Moving back to South Africa, a new job, a new home, basically a new life for Little Miss Medic.

So I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes...



                                                                            source


LMM

xoxo



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...