30.11.11

Weekend in Dublin



I have spent the last 3 days in Dublin. I heart Dublin. We drank Guinness, sat in cosy pubs listening to traditional irish music and even gave hurling a go.


                                                                        source


                                                                      source



My favourite place was by far the Long Room Library in Trinity College. It is a beautiful establishment, which left me in awe. I have never seen so may books in one place and also such ancient books. This would be my heaven. I could live in this room...in a tent...forever!

                                                                       source






                                                                           source


Isn't it magnificent? The room is 64 metres long and holds over 200 000 of the world's oldest books. It was built in 1732 and the shelves are lined by marble busts of great philosophers and writers.


LMM

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...