14.6.11

Dukan Diet Day 1



I have decided to try the Dukan Diet. The Dukan Diet was started by French nutritionist Pierre Dukan and has been followed by J-Lo, Gisele and Pippa Middleton. I am doing it partly for weight loss and also partly because my diet consists almost ONLY of carbs, which can't be a good thing.

Phase 1 is the Attack phase and lasts 5-7 days. It involves eating only protein. Lean meat, eggs, fat free yoghurt and oat bran, are the only things you are allowed to consume. Tea and coffee is allowed, but only with skim milk and sweetner. Other than that you can drink water and diet drinks.

The next phases involve bringing in vegetables, whilst still keeping some days as protein only days. And then slowly introducing carbs back. It sounds like an easy enough diet.

"1 – A brief and headlong ATTACK phase with immediate results. During this phase, the diet is made up of 72 high-protein foods enabling quick weight loss.
2 - A CRUISE phase leading to the True Weight. During this phase, the diet alternates Pure Protein days (PP phases) and Proteins accompanied with 28 recommended Vegetables (PV phases).


3 - A CONSOLIDATION phase of 10 days per kg lost which prepares for the return to a balanced diet. Monitored freedom with a target of establishing this freshly conquered and still vulnerable ideal weight. This phase sees the gradual return of pleasurable foods with two festive meals.


4 - A definitive stabilization phase based on 3 simple, concrete, easy but non-negotiable measures. This phase is both the easiest and most essential in our slimming method because 95% of people who follow a diet put back on the weight they have lost. "

I started last night by going to Sainsbury's after work. In my basket I had lean mince, chicken breasts, ham, prawns, salmon, smoked salmon, eggs and fat free yoghurt. Dinner wasn't too bad, we had meatballs and prawns. They don't really go together but they tasted fine.

This morning I could not face eggs and was pining after my ususal Special K. I settled on fat free yoghurt.

O9h50: I am starving! I can't even have my normal tea with 2 sugars and instead am drinking peppermint tea.
Thinking of lunch makes me want to be ill......prawns, ham and cooked chicken breast.......YUM....not!
I just want a sandwich, a muffin........something normal, which doesn't involve eating animal flesh.

On the up side I have lost 1kg in one day.

We will see how the day progresses, hopefully my willpower is strong enough.

What do you think of the Dukan Diet?


LMM

xoxo

3 comments:

Jacci said...

i think i might try this. i also mainly eat carbs. i love carbs! i've been carrying around an extra 4kg since a holiday in singapore two months ago. the food is just way too nice there :(

Little Miss Medic said...

It definitely does work, but be warned it isn't pleasant. Good luck

LMM
xoxo

Che said...

im a cereal-kinda-gal. this diet sounds TERRIFYING! good luck! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...