11.3.11

Night out in London

Had an amazing night last night! Started off with Dinner at Jamie Oliver's restaurant, Jamie's Italian.



I had never been before and I can only sum it up in one word.........PHENOMENAL.

The Boyf had no idea what I had planned for our night out and was as blown away as I was. I started off my meal with a basket of different assortments of freshly baked breads, served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Heaven in a basket!




For mains I had a mushroom panzerotti, which was cooked with grilled sage, chilli, porchini mushrooms and drizzled with parmesan and olive oil. YUM!



The Boyf had a Lamb Ragu, which was as delicious.



So if you ever in London, Jamie's Italian is a must. Awesome food, in a totally relaxed setting. Its like fine dining in an unpretentious atmosphere.




We then headed off to watch The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre.




The Boyf had never seen it before and was like a small child in a candy shop. The best part.....a lot of the cast was South African. Rafiki, the wise baboon, was played by Brown Lindiwe Mkhize from Durban, who was the highlight for me. She even threw in a few "woza lapha"s for extra measure. Simba was also played by one of our own, Andile Gumbi.


All in all a brilliant night out!


LMM


xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...