16.3.11

Amnesia Bob Part 1

A few days ago I arrived at the A+E with a sense of dread. I wanted to be at home, in bed with hot chocolate, watching the latest episode of Gossip Girl.

I took the next file in the box. The presenting problem was "fell down stairwell. No memory."

Probably a decrepit 88 year old. I drew back the curtain to find a man in his mid-forties, with a bleeding face.

"Hello. I am Little Miss Medic, one of the doctors here. Do you remember what happened to you?"

"No, I don't remember anything. Where am I?" 
"You are at the A+E at the _______________ Hospital. What is your name?"


"Bob. That's my favourite hospital. I see Dr Brown here."
Dr Brown was an HIV consultant.


"Are you HIV positive?"
         "Yes. Do you know why I am wearing Wellies?
        

          "I'm not sure. You may have been on your way out."

"What happened?"


Did he not just ask me that?


"You fell down the stairs and somebody found you and phoned an ambulance."


"Is my flat secure?"


"Yes. Do you have any medical conditions?"


"Yes. I am HIV positive and see Dr Brown."


"Yes, you told me that. Any allergies?"


"Where am I?"


"At The ____________________ Hospital. Do you not remember me telling you that?"


"No, what happened? And why am I wearing wellies?"

Holy shit! This guy couldn't remember anything. Every two minutes it was as if the tape replayed and the questions repeated themselves.


"I need to examine you now, so we can find out whether you bumped your head or not. Look straight ahead, whilst I shine this light in your eyes."


"Did I mention I am HIV positive."

And his name shall be Amnesia Bob!
"Yes you told me. Now, take a deep breath in........good........and out. Now stick out your tongue."


"Why am I wearing wellies?"


"I don't know. Now just breath normally whilst I listen to your heart."
"Where am I?"
"At The ____________________ Hospital."


"That's my favourite hospital. I see Dr Brown here."

I can't handle this! Answering the same questions fifty million times.


"I'll be back now."

"What happened to me? Where........"

"I will be back NOW!"



Stay tuned to find out what happened to Amnesia Bob........

LMM

xoxo






             

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...