8.4.14

Books of 2014



After reading Lulu's post of her latest reads, I decided to do one of my own. These have been my books of 2014, thus far.


A story about an orphan, a medal, Art, a convent and love. This book really made me want to go back to Spain. ASAP.



The true story of Solomon Northup's life. I really wanted to read this before I watch the nominated Oscar movie. It reads like a diary and although the writing is sometimes simple, I really enjoyed it.



I know this book has been around for a while, but I only read it recently. So far this is my pick for book of 2014. It left me reeling. I was so engrossed in the characters' twisted lives. I think I will definitely read this again one day.




This is a long book. 771 pages. It was on the NY Times 10 Best Books of 2013 List, and I am a sucker for these lists. I had to read it. It has so many stories rolled into one. A love story, and "mafia" type story, a story of friendship......the list goes on. It took me a while to get into it, but I loved it eventually.



What are you reading?



LMM

xoxo




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...