28.2.12

Abuse



There is nothing worse than seeing someone who has been physically assaulted, unless they have been assaulted and they are pregnant. Today I met a patient who is 17, hasn't finished school and is pregnant. She had been abused by her boyfriend, who punched her in the face, leaving her with a blue eye. He had also kicked her in the stomach and now her 30 week fetus was suffering the consequences. We had to admit her as the baby was not getting enough blood through the umbilical cord. She doesn't want to press charges.

A few weeks ago someone close to me was assaulted by her husband. I cannot imagine the absolute horror to have the person you love and share your life with do this to you. Physical violence is not something I think I will ever be able to wrap my head around.

                                                                      source


LMM

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...